“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”
-Psalms 100:1-5 ESV
Happy September 1st! The “-ber months” are finally here! And for us here in he Philippines, we’re just used to celebrate “Christmas” very early and well … up until February, even March 🙂 We’re just culturally a “party” people. We love celebrations, happiness and cheers.
This Psalm reminds us that as God’s people we really are to be doubly thankful and rejoicing at all times simply because our Lord is good and his love for us endures forever!
He had proved it through the finished work of Jesus Christ His son on the Cross.
Here are seven ways we could rejoice and give God thanks. According to the psalm, we can do it through:
- Playing an instrument (“make a joyful noise”)
- Serving Him (“serve the LORD with gladness”)
- Singing Him a song (“come to His presence with singing”)
- Pursuing a greater knowledge of Him (“Know that the LORD, He is God”)
- Say Thanks to Him for specific things (“enter His gates with thanksgiving”)
- Praise Him for Who He is to Us (“enter His courts with praise”)
- Bless Him and Adore him for His unchanging Character (“Bless His name”)
May we all continue to be thankful people, as we look to the goodness of God and His steadfast and forever love to us in Christ. Happy “ber-months” ahead!